Facial Eye Treatments for Sensitive Skin
Facial eye treatments for sensitive skin can create anxiety in many estheticians because they’re afraid to cause irritation!
However, everyone needs an eye treatment in their skincare regime, even people with sensitive skin. Eye cream can help with anything from crepey skin and fine lines to dark circles and under-eye bags and should be a staple in a facial eye treatment for sensitive skin. But if a client has got a reactive complexion, it’s understandable to be a little wary about introducing a new product. The eye area is delicate and sensitive, regardless of skin type. And with the right formula, folks with sensitive skin can reap all the benefits without irritation.
Hale & Hush
Incredible Enzymes Can Go Beyond Sensitive Skin
We’re obsessed with this enzyme! It can be a staple on your back bar for virtually every client. A great treatment for sensitive skin all by itself. You can go beyond sensitive skin with this product. Incredible Enzymes is a cult-favorite botanical enzyme and is a great go-to for acneic clients, mature clients and congested skin!
Not all eye creams are created equal. That means that the delicate skin around the eye contour is best cared for with products that meet a very specific set of needs. Some eye creams are made specifically to tackle crow’s-feet and fine lines, whereas others are meant to brighten dark undereye circles. Look for a nourishing eye cream that hydrates, brightens, and increases cell turnover—all without causing irritation on a part of the face that’s notoriously easy to upset.
Ingredients matter for sensitive skin. Eye treatments filled with hyaluronic acid, antiglycation ingredients, and peptides are the best for an all-around wrinkle, darkness, and bag reducing and improvement treatment.
The following ingredients are the best for sensitive eyes in Hale & Hush Eye Mousse.
· Carnosine (L) Benfotiamine is a free-radical scavenger and anti-glycation complex that helps protect and maintain collagen integrity.
· Sodium Hyaluronate (L) is a form of Hyaluronic Acid and is an humectant that holds up to a 1,000 times its weight in water to provide maximum hydration and to help plump thirsty skin.
· Matrixyl Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38 is a powerful peptide that stimulates and strengthens collagen and improves overall skin function.
· Bellis Perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract Daisy flower extract contains L-arbutin, which is a natural substance that can help brighten the skin by blocking the formation of melanin, which in turn reduces pigmentation.
Facial Lip Treatments for Sensitive Skin
Lips tend to dry out faster than the rest of the skin, and that’s why hydration is key for keeping lips protected. The lip skin is so thin and sensitive that it simply cannot tolerate some of the products we use on the rest of our face. Lip treatments can be very effective to heal our delicate lips overnight.
Contribution by Shawna Rocha
Shawna Rocha is the owner of Awaken Day Spa in California and Washington. She quickly developed a love for helping clients with compromised and sensitive skin and constantly strives to gain additional knowledge and education. Since becoming an esthetician, she has completed multiple advanced courses in Oncology Esthetics, Immuno-Esthetics, and has specialized training in sensitive skin and holistic therapies. Shawna holds several certifications, including a NCEA certification, and has recently become the Director of Education for Hale and Hush Skincare. Shawna won two awards in the Skin Games 2018 (People’s Choice & Acne/Problematic Skin) and became a judge for two categories in 2019. Shawna’s current passion is writing blogs and articles regarding the skincare industry and has recently become a Dermascope Ambassador. She is truly loved by her clients and colleagues and her passion for the industry is apparent in all that she does.
Applying certain lip balms can be detrimental to saving chapped lips and even make lip conditions worse. There are lists all over the internet of the most damaging ingredients found in various types of lip balms. The culprits are menthol, artificial flavors, artificial colors, camphor, wax, phenol, and alcohols which can be potentially damaging.
Lip treatments that include emollients and occlusives are the best choices. Emollients smooth out skin and lips by filling in cracks and holes and may include conditioning oils like mineral or plant oil. Look for formulas packed with vitamin E, glycerin, and hyaluronic acid, all of which help achieve hydration and moisture. Occlusives are also beneficial and act like sealants to lock in benefits. Occlusives commonly are a type of wax that acts as a barrier from environmental factors.
If luck strikes, one can find a lip treatment that can also double as an eye treatment as found in Hale & Hush Brilliant Eye & Lip Serum. The best ingredients are listed below.
· Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Oleyl, and Stearate: A liquid crystal fluid comprised of “cholesteryl”, which is the form of cholesterol for cellular storage. Cholesterol is an essential component of cell structure, communication, and biochemistry. Topical liquid crystal enhances skin’s lipid levels, barrier function, softness, and flexibility.
· Phenyl t-Butylnitrone (PBN) is an intelligent and powerful antioxidant compound known as a Spin Trap because of how it targets and traps free radicals to convert them to stable molecules that are no longer destructive for removal by the body or for reuse in various cellular processes.
· Eclipta Prostrata Extract, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Leaf Extract, and Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil. These botanical extracts contribute to the serum’s color as well as provide antimicrobial and conditioning properties.
This combo treatment really packs a punch that can enhance lipid levels and barrier function by replenishing cholesterol, provides superior cellular protection for mitochondria and DNA, and softens and conditions skin. Not to mention the beautiful shimmery, pinkish, orangish glow on the lips and eyes.